January is always a great time to make a fresh start. Life slows down at the very end of the year and you have time to think about what you want for the next year. The beginning of a new year is a fabulous time to look ahead and decide how to make the most of the next 12 months. Healthy living tops the charts when it comes to goals and resolutions. Here are some suggestions to keep you motivated this year.
- Keep personal goals top of mind. There are many effective ways of keeping goals prominent in your mind. Write the goals down and keep them visible in a place you see everyday. You can also make a vision board or some other visual symbol to remind you of the meaning behind your goals.
- Focus on one main goal at a time. When you focus on one main goal, you can be intentional about meeting that goal. However, if you attempt to tackle multiple goals, it may be hard to remember each on an ongoing basis. Pick one main goal for the year—the one that will impact your life most—and make a detailed plan for achieving it.
- Share with friends. Sharing your goals with others provides great accountability. You can also bounce ideas off of each other and share in your progress. Not only will this keep you accountable, it will also be more fun.
- Reward yourself. Achieving your goals is a reward in itself, but sometimes you need a little push along the way. Setting up ways to reward yourself along the way will help keep you motivated.
- Remind Yourself. At the end of this year, go back to the goal you set for 2015 and remember the hard work that you did to meet your goal. Remembering is a great way to encourage you to continue in your healthy lifestyle and work toward meeting new goals!
At Burning Tree Family Dental, we believe in healthy lifestyles and we are excited about the healthy goals that our dental staff, patients, and friends are making at this time of the year. We especially love when people make resolutions to make healthier choices for their dental health because we know that that improves your overall health at the same time! Thank you for letting us be part of your healthy lifestyle and your community here in Franktown!